Welcome to the Wellington Region Kidney Society Inc.
WRKS is all about: 'People Supporting People'.
In the last couple of years especially, WRKS has become very active and involved in supporting renal patients within the Greater Wellington Region. WRKS has established several initiatives such as:
* providing both CAPD and hemodialysis patients with take home packs (equipment they will need when they go home to dialyse).
* offering a 'Befriender's Scheme' which is an opportunity for new patients to discuss what it really means to be on dialysis and any issues with other 'more experienced' renal patients.
* advocacy with community agencies such as WINZ and Housing New Zealand.
* A monthly coffee group open to all patients, their friends and families. This group goes on tour monthly to: Wellington, Porirua, Lower Hutt and Greytown. Go to News/Events to see dates. Come join us to share experiences, tips and support.
* as well as supporting patients with both national and international travel and finding dialysis units for your treatment.
* and more importantly our recent Fistula Bands for all renal patients. See below for more information.
Please enjoy perusing our website to see all the wonderful initiatives and support WRKS offers.
WRKS is always needing volunteers so if you have even just a couple of hours spare every month, please contact as at: email@example.com to register your interest. Please support us!
We hope that this website can answer some of your questions.
Feel free to Contact Us for any further assistance.
Visit and LIKE our Facebook page
get updates etc
Our thanks go to Hannah for setting this page up and being the admin on it for us
14 Dec 2014
COME JOIN US FOR OUR CHRISTMAS BBQ
11.30AM TILL 4PM
CONTACT OFFICE FOR MORE DETAILS
RSVP BY 7TH DECEMBER PLEASE
21 Nov 2014
Our Contact details are:
Like us on Facebook
11 Nov 2014