Welcome to the Wellington Region Kidney Society Inc.
WRKS is all about: 'People Supporting People'.
In the last couple of years especially, WRKS has become very active and involved in supporting renal patients within the Greater Wellington Region. WRKS has established several initiatives such as:
* providing both CAPD and hemodialysis patients with take home packs (equipment they will need when they go home to dialyse).
* offering a 'Befriender's Scheme' which is an opportunity for new patients to discuss what it really means to be on dialysis and any issues with other 'more experienced' renal patients.
* advocacy with community agencies such as WINZ and Housing New Zealand.
* A monthly coffee group open to all patients, their friends and families. This group goes on tour monthly to: Wellington, Porirua, Lower Hutt and Greytown. Go to News/Events to see dates. Come join us to share experiences, tips and support.
* as well as supporting patients with both national and international travel and finding dialysis units for your treatment.
* and more importantly our recent Fistula Bands for all renal patients. See below for more information.
Please enjoy perusing our website to see all the wonderful initiatives and support WRKS offers.
WRKS is always needing volunteers so if you have even just a couple of hours spare every month, please contact as at: email@example.com to register your interest. Please support us!
We hope that this website can answer some of your questions.
Feel free to Contact Us for any further assistance.
The WRKS board has appointed Hannah as our new public relations. Hannah's role includes the day to day management of our face book page and website. If you need to contact Hannah about either of the above please feel free to using our info email address, Using subject line "Hannah".
Kidney health New Zealand has recently released the new videos for patient information on haemodialysis, transplants and other useful stories.
Our president Robin shared his own experiences with Kidney NZ to help raise awareness of haemodialysis and its effect on your day to day life. Our president also appears as the super star haemodialysis patient used as a demonstrative prop in other videos in the same project.
Follow the link to watch the video and find out more about the Kidney Health NZ audio/visual project.
For the full set of videos in the project simply go to
22 Feb 2015
Children's day is a international day of recognition for children globally. The day aim's to make them feel loved and protected. Here at WRKS we have decided to combine our World kidney day with the Children's day holiday and do a goodie bag drop to 40 lucky children. Here at WRKS we value our children and want to raise awareness for Children's day while also raising our own awareness of Kidney disease. The goodie packs come with material all about how the children can protect themselves from kidney disease and keep their bodies healthy. Our greatest gifts in the world are our children and our health, and with this small gesture we hope to make the day for some of our kiwi kids.
We acknowledge funding from the Howarth family and KMH Focus Contracting.
Don't worry we will take some pictures to share with you all.
Happy Kidney day!
01 Mar 2015
Come and join us for conversation and awesome coffee. Our coffee group is expanding and we love new member's, we will even buy your first coffee!!.
Make sure to invite your family and friends along to meet the group and we hope to see you all at one of our events soon.
08 Mar 2015
Visit and LIKE our Facebook page
get updates etc
Our thanks go to Hannah for setting this page up and being the admin on it for us
14 Dec 2014
Our Contact details are:
Like us on Facebook
11 Nov 2014